Ulzzang Photoshop Tutorial~How to get flawless skin

Another simple ulzzang photoshop tutorial edited by me.

A lot of people asked me to post more tutorial, well...then I made this one, and my intention is still the same with my last post about 'skin problems'.
It's for you-who are not familiar with Adobe Photoshop- and still wondering why there are a lot of cute girl's pic swarming on internet.

Became graphic designer and get familiar with photoshop is a good thing, I know it really well which pic is fake and which is not. Though, sometimes...very skilled photoshop editor won't leave any marks. But somehow edited pic is easy to be detected. E.g blurry pics, too much saturated pics with glow effect that are quite popular these days.

My bestie told me that she got envious when looking to celeb pic, ulzzang girl, and a cover girl.
Nah... I don't want you to feel the same way like my bestie did~
Back then a graphic designer from vogue magz told me that most of cover girls pic on magazine are a fake.
He even showed me his collection of 'non-edited' version of it.

I was shocked!

He did a lot of editing. Liquified and pucked a lot of fat from the model to make her looks slimmer, resizing boobs, erased all flaws, and so many2

This tutorial is a very simple one~ and take only 5minutes to finish it^^
It's not a scary big eyed ulzzang version. I tried to make it as natural as possible.
 You don't need latest series Adobe Photoshop for this~CS2 is just ok.
  Erased all flaw, brighten up the skin~make it more radiant and glow, Slim down cheeks area.
This version of skin brigtening process is different from my first post. This timeI didn't adjust the color level and curves.
Some tips, don't adjust color level of picture too much, it just make it looks fake and 'too much' edited.


3 simple and easy steps  to get flawless skin ^^~
First, for those who are not familiar with adobe PS, or first time user, I complete my post with images.
Here's a pic to show you tools that I used:


First. Use 'clone stamp tool' to erase skin's flaw. For nice and easy process, reduce clone stamp's brush to 20-30%. You can start clone-stamping damaged skin area by holding 'alt' button and then click on better part of the skin. Then conceal the flaw by clicking the damaged part of skin again. Re-do untill everything is concealed.

The same way goes for 'dodge tool' Choose 'Midtones' range and adjust the exposure to 10-15% only. Dodge tool is used for brighten desired areas, e.g skin. I used it for cheeks, chin, and nose area.
Tips: Don't use too much dodge tool if you prefer to brighten overall pic and skin using 'curves' or 'color level'
See image below for example:


Second, choose Filter> Liquify> Pucker
Pucker tool is used to slim down or make desired area become smaller, or thinner.
Now, she her chubby face? I want to make her cheeks looks slimmer by 'pucked' her outline cheeks.
puck precisely over the cheek's outline.
I did the cheeks part 'naturally' So don't use pucker too much.
Tips: Bloat tool (on liquif) can be used to make your eyes look bigger
Finishing touch up, Feel not satisfied enough? and want the skin to be even more radiant?
You can do this additional step. Add a new layer above and fill it with all white paint bucket. Set the opacity to 20-25% and set mode to 'overlay' or 'soft light' whatever you want.
Adjusting the opacity mode is depend on your own taste, the smaller the opacity is, the more natural it would look.

Or else, you can add a same layer by press Ctrl+J. Then choose filter> Blur> Gaussian Blur.
Set the mode to overlay or soft light and adjust the opacity as you wish.
This gaussian blur-overlay mode is a secret step that creates 'glowy' effect to skin. it's been used widely by a photographers too.

Yosh, that's all.
and here is your finished pic ^^

Feel free to comment if there is any question~
Thank you.

Picture credit: girl's generation

Previous
Next Post »