Mason Jar Candy Jars {Tutorial} Oopsey Daisy

Happy Monday, y'all!

Have you noticed that Mason jars are everywhere right now?!  And I adore them.  They are so simple and you can dress them up however you'd like.

Last weekend while I was in Utah, I visited my amazingly talented cousin Michelle.  Everywhere I looked around her house, I was inspired by her creativity.  You just might be seeing some Michelle-inspired crafts in the next few weeks.  :)  I saw something similar to these on her kitchen counters, so I set out to make my own!

Imagine how cute these mason jar candy jars would be at a wedding, filled with the perfect shades of gummy bears, M&M's, and other sweets!

Now on to the tut!

Mason Jar Apothecary Jars

It's midnight, and I'm dying to dig into these right.now.  YUM!

So as I was getting started, I was hoping to find some wooden candlesticks as little pedestals.  However, I couldn't find the right size.  I almost gave up until I found these little wooden finials at Hobby Lobby.

I improvised.  I realized that with a little sawing action, I would have the perfect size that I needed.  So I used gorilla glue to attach the finial bottoms to some wooden circles that I've had in my stash for way too long. 

My husband was anxious to try out his new clamps, so I obliged. :) We let these dry overnight.

Next, I made the candy jar lids.  I used the top of the finial and used gorilla glue to secure them to some thinner wooden circles I also found at Hobby Lobby.  Those dried overnight, too.

Next, I gave all of the wooden pieces a good coat of black spray paint and sanded the edges a bit.

Now for the fun part!  I used E-6000 to glue the jars to the pedestals and filled up the jars with our favorite candy!  Skittles for me.  Cinnamon bears for my hubby.  I think decorating with candy is my new favorite thing!

The lids just rest on top of the jars.  You could even dress them up a bit with ribbons if you'd like!  Or mod-podge some fun scrapbook paper to the lids.

See what I mean.  I'm going to have to dig in right now.  I can almost taste the rainbow...

These little beauties are now occupying my kitchen counter.  Dangerous, eh?? I'm actually trying to cut back from straight-up chocolate.  These bright beauties must be slightly better for me than straight chocolate.  Right??

Enjoy a "sweet" week, friends!

Linking up to Today's Creative Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Previous
Next Post »