Beautiful Facial Make Up Photoshop Retouching Tutorial

Beautiful Facial Make Up Photoshop Retouching Tutorial

In this tutorial, I will show you how you can dramatically change one womans face with simple photoshop techniques. I will try to create unrealistic woman portrait. The face will have a plastic look, and I will try to create an effect between a plastic girl and a cartoon image. If youre a member, you can download the PSD for this tutorial at the bottom of the page.

Before I begin this tutorial, I want to tell you about Ultimate Designer Toolkit. We have created over 60,000 premium design items which you will be able to download instantly and use in your own or client designs. All it takes is signing up to be a member. Please sign up before you proceed.

First of all you will need a stock image. ( sxc.hu )

With Clone stamp Tool i will try to hide the girls hair. the idea is to Alt+Click on the girls hat , and then draw over the hair.

You can see bellow my settings for Clone stamp Tool.

With the same tool i will try to cover the woolly

Bellow you can see the settings for Clone Stamp Tool

Now i will use the Burn Tool to make the hair strand darker.

Here are the settings for Burn Tool

I will use Spot Healing Brush Tool on the white part of the eyes. ( cornea ) . here i will try to make the eyes brighter.

Bellow you can see the settings for Spot Healing Brush Tool

I will duplicate the main layer ( press on CTRL+Shift+alt+N )

Then i will delete with eraser tool the following parts of the photo. Please note that i will hide the other layers.

Here are the settings for my Eraser tool.

With Spot Healing Brush Tool i have cleaned the spots on the girls face. Probably in this image you can not see to much, but if you look on the right cheek you can see some dark spots.

Bellow you can see the spot healing brush tool settings

For this layer i will add a blur filter

To access the blur settings window, you need to go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. In this window add the following settings.

I will change also the opacity value for this layer to 79%

It will look like in the following image.

This is my result so far.

On the same layer i will delete with Eraser Tool the blurred hair parts

Bellow you can see the tool with the settings i have used.

With Burn Tool i will make the extremities and the middle of the iris with Burn tool. ( this means the color will transform to a dark color )

Bellow you can see the settings.

And in the middle of the eye i have used Dodge Tool

with the following settings.

One more time i will use Burn tool, to create the eyebrows

Here are the settings for Burn Tool.

I have made some changes also under the chin with burn tool.

bellow you can see the settings

With burn tool i will accentuate the eyebrows a little more.

I have changed the brush size to 25 pixels and the exposure.

The main girl i have used is very nice, but i would like to give her some nicer lips. Thats why i have used another stock image from the same website ( sxc.hu )

I will delete the other part of the image ( except the lips ) with eraser tool.

Bellow you can see the settings for my eraser tool.

I will make sure i have the layer with this nice lips selected, and then i will go to Edit > Transform > Warp and i will try to make some small modifications.

Then with Spot healing brush tool, i have removed some imperfections of  the lips.

Here are the settings for Spot Healing brush Tool.

Then i will set my foreground color to  #f307b3 and with brush tool i will draw over the lips layer

After i will finish the drawing i will change the blending mode for layer to Linear Burn

I will use Burn Tool around the lips ( on the main layer with the girl ). I will try to add a smooth shadow for a more realistic effect.

Bellow you can see the settings.

I will create 4 rectangles with Rectangle Tool

I will merge all the 4 layers into a single. First of all select all the 4 layers, and then press on CTRL+E. The next step is to go to Edit > Transform > Distort, and change the layers until you have a similar result with mine.

I will change the size of the layer like in the following image. Press on CTRL+T and then change the size of the shape.

I will change the opacity to 78%

I will duplicate the white shape, and i will place it on the left eye.

On the white part of the eye i will use Brush tool to make it even whiter.

Then with brush tool

and the following color

i will draw over the cheeks. This is a nice makeup, and you can use any color you want.

I will use one more Time Brush tool, but this time i will select a small 1 pixel brush tool, and i will draw the whiskers. After you complete for the right eye, you can duplicate the layer, and then flip the layer horizontally. ( Edit > Transform > Flip horizontally )

I will draw the straws also on the bottom part of the eye.

then i will duplicate each layer, to make the straws looking naturally.

i will use Dodge Tool, to accentuate the fur on the hat.

it will look like in the following image.

This is my final result. As you can see it is very easy to change dramatically your friends face. You can add mascara very easy using some basic Photoshop tools.

To finish this tutorial, I want to tell you about our Ultimate Designer Toolkit. Weve created more than 60,000 premium design resources which you will be able to download instantly and use in your own or client designs. All it takes is signing up to be a member. Please sign up.

More Resources in Tutorials

How does Ultimate Designer Toolkit work?

Previous
Next Post »